Princesses:Amazon Brigade/Chapter 12

From Dead Pigeons Society
Jump to: navigation, search

Note: This log is still in IRC format, and may be awkward to read as a result.

Chapter #12: Ground Chuck

<Capn_Ascii> As we join our heroines, Frank's hatchet priviledges are being reconsidered as the party seeks out Chuck's missing phone.

  • Andrea gently retrieves her hatchet. "Never mind. I'll hold onto this."
  • Andrea continues on the path to find The Beast That Ate Chuck

<Capn_Ascii> There's no path, as such...more like a general wandering through the woods. You're headed in the direction of the signal, but it's a fair ways through the woods from here.

<Capn_Ascii> *tak tak tak tak*

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: You hear an annoying clicking sound.

<Andrea> "Did anyone else hear that?"

<Suyana> "Sorry, I was spacing out. Hear what, mi cielito?"

<Capn_Ascii> "Hear what?" Frank looks up from his cell phone. The clicking stops.

  • Andrea sighs. "Frank, please stop playing on your phone. We're going into a potentially dangerous situation and we should NOT give away our position."

<Capn_Ascii> "Oh." He looks at the phone, and you glance at it over his shoulder. It's a selfie of him mugging for the camera behind the back of your head. 'Status update: going on an adventure with my new buddies!'

  • Andrea resists the urge to facepalm. "Give me the phone, Frank."

<Jenny> "Nah, let him keep it, so we can use its GPS to find him when HE gets eaten by the Thing," Jenny suggests.

<Andrea> "I'm not sure I can trust him to remember not to use it."

  • Jenny shrugs. "True..."

<Capn_Ascii> Frank pouts, but relents. "Okay, fine. But I want it back when we're done." He hands it over.

<Andrea> "Of course," Andrea carefully silences then pockets the phone.

<Capn_Ascii> You continue walking...and walking...and walking...

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: The signal is getting stronger. You soon find yourselves approaching the shore of a good-sized river, flowing to the west.

  • Andrea looks along the river for signs of anything interesting/relevant.
  • Andrea also tries to determine if they'll need to cross the river, and if so, how best to do that.

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: My god, it's full of WATER! ...also rocks n' stuff. The river itself is deep enough that swimming is your only option for crossing...well, that, or the raft pulled up on the shore nearby.

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: The tracker is pointing to a spot to the west, in the direction the water is flowing.

<Andrea> "Anyone up for some rafting?"

<Jenny> "Always," Jenny says enthusiastically.

  • Andrea examines the raft for safety

<Suyana> "Hmmm...rafting...let's do it!"

  • Jenny hops on the raft and looks for a rafting pole.

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: No poles, but here's a long branch that would work just as well.

  • Jenny grabs the branch. "Everyone ready?"

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: The raft looks perfectly safe, by virtue of it being on dry land.

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: It looks old, but the rope holding the planks together looks solid enough.

<Andrea> "Jenny, this needs to get in the water before you pick that up, but yes, let's do this." Andrea checks to make sure everyone *coughFrankcough* is paying attention.

  • Jenny looks at Andrea sheepishly. "Right." She hops off and lifts the raft to push it into the water.

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: You hop off and push. It's easy enough, and the raft slides into the water even as you hop right back on, ready for some Twain-style adventures!

<Capn_Ascii> "Are you sure this thing is safe?" Lana steps on. "I don't want to get stuck at the bottom of the river. I only just got out of that truck situation."

<Andrea> "I have every confidence in my colleague's abilities," Andrea replies, stepping on.

<Suyana> "What could possibly go wrong?" Suyana says, practically jumping onto the raft

<Jenny> Once everyone is on, Jenny pushes on the bank with the pole, leading them out a bit from the bank.

<Capn_Ascii> Frank shuffles on as well. You look for Selphie, but she appears to have become distracted by a nearby owl ("What do you mean, 'who'? I asked you first!"), so you decide to let her catch up later.

<Capn_Ascii> You drift away from the bank and begin drifting downstream, carried by the gentle current.

  • Andrea carefully watches her tracker signal as they raft

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: The signal is getting closer. You idly consider putting on some banjo music.

  • Andrea does NOT do something stupid like give away her position.
  • Suyana idly wishes she had learned how to play the banjo

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: You spot movement beneath the surface of the water behind the raft.

<Jenny> "Does your tracker thing say the Thing is following us?" Jenny says, pointing at the water.

  • Jenny gently tries to pole them towards the bank.

<Andrea> Andrea checks.

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: No, it says you've still got a little ways to go to the west.

<Andrea> "No, it doesn't, but if you're concerned..." Andrea shifts her position slightly to keep an eye on the disturbance behind, as well as her screen.

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: You begin pushing the raft, but suddenly the shape lunges forward, beneath you. The branch in your hands jerks away, out of your grip, as the unseen creature snatches it.

<Capn_Ascii> Without your raft-pole, you begin drifting away from the shoreline again.

<Andrea> "Crap. Without control, this is not worth it. Let's get to shore," Andrea comments quickly.

  • Andrea starts to paddle with her arm to lead the raft back to shore, and indicates for the others to join her.
  • Jenny growls at the creature, pulls out her chainsaw, and lays down at the edge of the raft, hoping it comes close enough for her to attack.

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: .....THERE! You swing the revved chainsaw at the water, making a big splash but not much else. It does succeed in driving away the sadow that was darting towards Suyana's arm, at least.

<Suyana> "What IS that in the water?"

<Jenny> "Something about to die!" Jenny yells, ready to take another swing.

<Suyana> "I like your style!"

<Capn_Ascii> You're getting closer to the shore. If Jenny can keep the thing off of you, you'll be there quickly.

<Capn_Ascii> *VRRRM!*

<Capn_Ascii> Another swing, this time chasing it away from Andrea's tasty, tasty flesh.

<Capn_Ascii> You reach the shoreline, and quickly pile off of the raft before it gets a third shot at you.

<Jenny> "And don't come back!" Jenny yells, standing at the shoreline and waving her chainsaw in the air.

<Andrea> "Okay, okay, let's go on foot the rest of the way," Andrea checks to see how close they are.

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: Not too far. According to this, you're only about 100 feet away.

<Andrea> "Only 100 feet away," Andrea murmurs, pulling out her pistol. "Let's get armed, and get ready."

<Capn_Ascii> As you begin to move, though, a shape begins to emerge from the water net to the raft. It's large, and long, and reptillian...it's an alligator, its jaws yawning wide open!

  • Jenny grins at having another chance to kill it, and weilds her chainsaw in its direction.

<Capn_Ascii> It's getting closer! It's...it's...actually moving really, really slowly. Like, you could outpace it by walking slowly.

<Andrea> "We could just leave it behind, Jenny," Andrea points out.

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: A quick inspection reveals what's up - the alligator's scales are a sickly grey color, its eyes unfocused. It's not just a gator - it's a zombie gator! And apparantly zombie gators are even slower shamblers than actual shamblers.

<Suyana> "It could be a cool fight, I guess, but...do we have the time?"

<Jenny> "I...well, I want to kill it, but I guess it's kinda already dead."

<Andrea> "Let's just... not, then?"

  • Jenny sighs and kicks the raft, frustrated. "Fine." She stomps off after the others, then quiets as she remembers they're trying not to give the Thing a heads-up.
  • Suyana looks back as she walks. "Think it'll follow us the whole way?"
  • Jenny shrugs. "Maybe it'll eat the Thing if it does."
  • Andrea shrugs as well but says nothing.

<Capn_Ascii> You wander off, leaving the gator to...well, do gator things, you assume.

<Capn_Ascii> As you move west, you hear the sound of the river picking up. Soon you find yourselves atop a short cliff, the river spilling out into a waterfall about 15 feet high.

  • Andrea looks around for the enemy

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: The beacon is coming from beneath the waterfall, it seems.

<Andrea> "Great. It's under the waterfall."

  • Andrea looks for a safe way down the cliff, even if that means making a bit of a longer sloping trip.

<Capn_Ascii> There's a slope quite close by. You scoot down to the lower level, careful to watch the waterfall lest any more zombie gators come flying at you from overhead.

<Capn_Ascii> No such gators seem to be forthcoming, so you approach the waterfall itself and have a look. Sure enough, there's a cave visible through the curtain of water.

<Andrea> Andrea starts carefully making sure her devices won't get wet as she prepares to charge. "I think Jenny should charge and wreck the enemy, and we should follow and support her."

  • Jenny resists the urge to yell "Bonzai", but does head through the curtain of water, chainsaw up and ready to go.
  • Andrea follows Jenny, ready to help, pistol at the ready.
  • Suyana tags along, empty-handed for now

<Capn_Ascii> Lana and Frank follow, the latter holding a stick. "I was gonna poke the alligator with it."

<Capn_Ascii> "I didn't know we even had zombie alligators." Lana frowns. "We should tell Chuck when we find...him..."

<Capn_Ascii> Oof, too late. He's here, alright - or at least, his head is. So's his arms, legs, and various other body parts, all scattered around the small cavern behind the falls. The missing cell phone is lying next to a large chunk that appears to be his torso.

<Capn_Ascii> "...oh, dear."

  • Jenny picks up Chuck's head by the hair and says, "Chuck? You there?"
  • Andrea scans for signs of the enemy's current presence.

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: The head opens its eyes, looks at you, and... "...AAAAAUUUUUGH oh hey, guys."

<Capn_Ascii> He looks down. "...uh. that's not good."

<Jenny> "Is the Thing here right now?" Jenny asks, focusing on the immediate question first.

<Suyana> "How can you talk when your lungs are...over there?" Suyana asks, gesturing at the severed torso

<Jenny> "I don't think zombies rely on their bodies to work like living ones, yeah?"

<Capn_Ascii> Chuck nods - or he tries to, at least. He just ends up sort of wobbling around dangling from Jenny's hand. "I don't know, is it? I just woke up. Last thing I remember, I'm getting mauled, and now this. Sheesh. Frank, what the hell were you doing!?" He glares at Frank. "Why didn't you help me?"

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: There are some wet tracks near the waterfall, facing towards the outside. It seems the doctor is out.

  • Jenny begins gathering Chuck's pieces into one big pile.

<Andrea> "Hmmm, any way we can set a trap for this thing?"

<Jenny> "Got glue?" Jenny vaguely asks Lana and Frank.

<Capn_Ascii> "Does this count?" Frank holds up a bottle of Elmer's.

  • Andrea looks around the room for anything interesting to indicate what this creature really is, as well as anything to possibly set up a trap with.
  • Jenny looks at Chuck's body parts. "Who's good at jigsaws?"

<Andrea> "Not it."

<Capn_Ascii> "Not it."

<Capn_Ascii> "nuh-uh."

<Jenny> "Fine, fine," Jenny grumbles. "I'll do it. But if his knee ends up where his heart is supposed to be, you can't blame me."

  • Jenny begins assembling Chuck's body as well as she can, trying out the Elmer's glue to see if things stick.

<Capn_Ascii> ---END SESSION---