Princesses:Amazon Brigade/Chapter 03
<Capn_Ascii> As we join our heroines, we find them descending the stairs after their decicive victory against...hmm, well, let's call him Mr. Cold Fusion, although I suppose it hardly matters now. Tired but flush with success, they wearily stumble down towards street level...
- Selphie much prefers going DOWN stairs instead of up.
<Capn_Ascii> Selphie: Unfortunately, while it might be a nominal improvement, it's still extremely tiresome. You can't just bomb down the stairs without risking a nasty fall, so instead you and the others are forced to take things one step at a time.
<Capn_Ascii> ...get it? One STEP at a...eh, nevermind.
<Capn_Ascii> Jenny, at least, makes it look easy - she bounds down taking them two or three at a time, despite having a passenger.
<Andrea> Andrea just walks normally like a normal person. Despite not being a normal person.
- Selphie is normal!
<Capn_Ascii> Down, down, down you go, flight after flight. Jenny is fine, but the others can feel their strength flagging, their muscles burning with pain.
- Selphie stops for a breather.
<Andrea> "I hate stairs."
<Andrea> "This is why my library is just two floors. And has escalators."
<Capn_Ascii> Just as they reach the top of the 2nd floor stairs - only one flight left to go! - they give up the ghost. Andrea and Selphie collapse to their knees, unable to walk even one more step.
- Selphie erases the above and collapses in a jelly-like quivering puddle.
<Andrea> Andrea gasps and falls over. "I *hate* stairs."
- Jenny looks doubtfully at the others. "Carrying THREE people might be a stretch. But if you need me to, I can try?"
<Suyana> "I think I can walk from here."
- Selphie summons up all her Parkour skill and tries to sit on one step and lower herself under control onto the next one down.
<Capn_Ascii> Selphie: It's a delicate operation, but you manage to scoot one step downward. Only a couple dozen more to go...
- Andrea crawls on all fours for the end
- Jenny sets Suyana down and attempts to wrap an arm around both Selphie and Andrea to lift them at once.
- Selphie gets a hug.
- Andrea gets a hug too! Yay hugs!
<Capn_Ascii> You both get hugs as Jenny hoists you up over her shoulders.
- Selphie wibbles a bit.
<Capn_Ascii> With Suyana back on her feet, everyone heads out the door. You pass a group of firemen making their way past you and into the building. One of them turns to face another. "Damn, two at once? Johnson's making us look bad again."
<Capn_Ascii> Doing your best to act like you belong, you weave your way past the various emergency personnel, until you're clear of the police barricades.
- Jenny looks around for someplace out-of-sight to regroup at.
<Selphie> "Let's go to the park just there."
- Selphie doubts she can ride her Segway until she's had some time-out to get her legs back online.
<Capn_Ascii> By the time you get back out into the open, everyone's legs have stopped screaming in protest (mostly). Jenny sets you down.
- Andrea transforms back to normal and shrugs off her coat.
<Jenny> Seeing Andrea, Jenny stops looking for somewhere more out of the way, also de-transforms, and begins to remove firefighting gear.
- Selphie is still normal.
- Suyana also descends back into normal form and begins wrestling off the firefighting gear
<Selphie> "We should team up! Fight crime For Great Justice! But we need a team name and secret code words and special aliases and a hidden base and..."
<Jenny> "We should get this one to a hospital," Jenny says practically, pointing at the blood on Suyana.
<Selphie> "Lemme get your numbers. Or email addresses." Selphie takes out a notepad and pen, looking around expectantly.
<Andrea> "Numbers? Emails? Why, are we going to separate right now? Why not stick with us right now?"
<Suyana> "Ah, yes. Hospital. I'll have to think of a cover story..." Suyana rubs her chin thoughtfully.
<Jenny> "406-867-5309," Jenny rattles off.
- Selphie writes it down.
<Selphie> "Do any of yous have a vehicle nearby? Mine is some distance off."
<Andrea> "I have a car."
- Selphie extracts her Segway from the bushes.
- Selphie is ready to go.
<Jenny> "I drove, but the passenger seat is stuck in a forward position and the door handle has to be opened from the outside...:"
<Andrea> "Why don't we just head back to the medics?"
<Suyana> "Do we want to be connected to the building in any way?"
<Andrea> "I think we can deal with anything that comes up. I'm not happy with you not getting the most urgent treatment you can get, dear."
<Jenny> "You can stick to the truth and tell them you were injured in the building. Then you don't have to worry about your cover."
<Andrea> "That would be the plan."
<Suyana> "Well, given the, like, agony I'm in, I'm not really going to argue. Let's go."
<Andrea> "Thank you. Let's go," Andrea begins heading for the medics, carefully making sure Suyana is making it as well.
<Jenny> "Give Selphie your number and let us know which hospital they take you to. Then we'll drive and meet you there."
- Suyana gives Selphie her distinctly non-musical phone number
<Andrea> "Right. 210-555-9876"
- Selphie quickly writes it down in her pad, then carefully enters both phone numbers into her watch, sending out a group message to make sure everyone has everyone's contacts.
- Andrea gets Selphie's message and adds her as a contact.
<Selphie> "We'll follow. So Jenny, where's your machine? Does it fire up first try or does it need a bit of mechanical encouragement?"
<Jenny> "First try. Err...usually."
- Jenny leads the way to her car.
- Selphie follows, wondering what kind of sight she should expect to see.
<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: You walk Suyana over to the medical area. "We've got another one!" The medics, apparantly taking your presence at face value, don't even ask any questions - they simply nod and take Suyana, putting her on a stretcher and loading her into the back of the ambulance.
- Andrea follows onto the ambulance
- Jenny eventually uses her key to unlock the brown door of an otherwise puke-green car, with a little bit of rust showing on the bottom. "I think we can fit your Segway in the back seats, if you don't mind sitting in the front seat. I can't fix that narrow angle on that front seat, sorry."
- Selphie giggles with the minor inconveniences of Class Slumming and enthuses, "You bet!" a little bit too cheerfully. Er. Umm, she hopes that sounded normal.
<Capn_Ascii> The ambulance roars away. WHEE-ooo-WHEE-ooo
- Jenny sits in the car and waits for a text that will identify which hospital to drive to.
<Selphie> "Follow that car!" Selphie squeals from the back seat!
Jenny> "Are you sure that's the ambulance THEY got into, and not just another one?" Jenny asks, looking around at the available ambulances.
<Selphie> "Oh. Nope."
<Capn_Ascii> You can see Andrea waving at you through the back window.
<Selphie> "Oh. Yep!"
- Jenny sights Andrea and begins following the ambulance...but not close enough to get pulled over and ticketed, hopefully.
<Capn_Ascii> Jenny makes a new career for herself as an ambulance chaser, following the vehicle all the way to the nearby hospital...
<Capn_Ascii> SOME TIME LATER
<Capn_Ascii> It's been a couple of days since Suyana was admitted, and her care is well underway. She's currently laid up in a hospital bed, the rest of you surrounding her. Now that things have calmed down a bit, it's time to talk about the situation at hand.
- Selphie has had to sneak away from her Normal Life to make this meeting.
- Andrea has as well.
<Jenny> "So. Princess League. How does that work?"
<Selphie> "Oooh! The League of Extraordinary Princesses!" Selphie is excited to be back with her new pals.
<Andrea> Andrea frowns. "Maybe someting a little less obvious?"
<Selphie> "Yes yes. We must appear normal."
<Jenny> "Well, I suppose, if y'all want a name, we can come up with a name. But I meant...are we just a sort of on-call group, show up if someone runs into Evil? Do we meet regularly, and if so, what do we meet about? We just gonna hang out together all the time?"
<Selphie> "I like hanging out together." Selphie beams. "I like you guys!"
<Jenny> "Also, are we gonna, like, actively search out Evil to hunt?"
<Selphie> "But I have other responsibilities" she says vaguely "during the week, so I try to get out and stay active whenever I get the chance."
<Jenny> "Are we gonna have other goals besides fighting Evil?"
<Selphie> "hmm. Maybe fighting crime, too?"
<Andrea> "I suppose it depends how much on how personal goals interact with team goals as well. My primary mission is always *truth*, moreso than fighting evil."
- Selphie feels inspired to be around so many awesome people.
<Suyana> "I want to be a licensed clinical social worker. So...fighting Evil in a way? Kinda?"
<Selphie> "When I grow up, I want to become a train ticket inspector, fighting fraud."
- Jenny wonders if Selphie is quite right in the head.
<Jenny> "I don't think you need a group to, like, want truth, or be a social worker, or, err...a ticket inspector."
- Selphie exudes an aura of naivete that is probably almost palpable to Jenny.
<Selphie> "Well, I like truth, and social workers, and trains. And I'm even happier working in a group!"
- Andrea types some stuff on her computer. "Let me set up a private group chat for us. We'll be able to communicate securely."
<Jenny> "Can I do the chat on my phone?"
<Andrea> "I suppose, but the normal SMS system isn't the most secure. I don't like getting spied on, because people often get wrong impressions."
<Jenny> "I mean...is wifi on a computer better?"
<Andrea> "Well if the chat itself is encrypted, it won't matter if someone is listening to the ciphertext."
- Jenny shrugs. "I'll take your word for it."
<Jenny> "So, the Motley Princesses?"
<Andrea> Andrea shrugs and starts creating keys. She passes one to each. "Normally we'd have to do multi-stage private-public key sharing, but since we're all physically together right now, we can just use a single secret key. Don't lose it!"
- Selphie is impressed as long words go over her head. She takes out a laptop from her sports bag and hands it to Andrea. "Can you do that to my thingy too please?" It's a pretty good quality machine, though it looks like it's freshly set up from the OEM with no configuration done. Still seems to have the default password and everything.
<Andrea> Andrea frowns at the default machine. She inputs the key program, and also subtly adds a few extras that will hopefully annoy Selphie into caring about basic security.
- Jenny pulls out an overly large, semi-ancient clunky laptop and hands it to Andrea.
- Selphie looks at it cluelessly. "I don't use this all that often. But thanks."
<Andrea> Andrea loooooooads the key onto Jenny's laptop. Looooooooooad.
<Andrea> "In any case..." Andrea points at the program and explains briefly how to use it. "This will work. And since this was done in an actually secure way, as long as you don't let anyone else get access to your machine physically, we shouldn't have spying problems."
<Selphie> "So my boyfriend shouldn't use my machine any more?" You noticed there was only a single user, named "User", on the login screen.
<Andrea> Andrea sighs. "Or at least... mind if I make some more changes?"
<Capn_Ascii> ---END SESSION---