Princesses:Amazon Brigade/Chapter 02

From Dead Pigeons Society
< Princesses:Amazon Brigade
Revision as of 15:59, 4 March 2018 by Mainstreet (Talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{Storynavigation}}<br>{{rawlog}}---- ==Chapter #2: == <Capn_Ascii> As we join our heroines, we find them face to face with...something? Actually, I'm not entirely sure what i...")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Note: This log is still in IRC format, and may be awkward to read as a result.

Chapter #2:

<Capn_Ascii> As we join our heroines, we find them face to face with...something? Actually, I'm not entirely sure what it is yet. Let's find out!

  • Selphie is startled by the arrival of the other firemen team at the doorway. Oh wait... or is it something else and *not* the other firemen?

<Capn_Ascii> Selphie: If by 'fireman' you mean 'a man-shaped thing that is on fire', then yes, it is indeed a fireman.

<Jenny> "Is *he* evil?" Jenny says, poking the thing on the floor for the third time.

  • Selphie racks her knowledge of Science and only comes up with a "does not make any kind of sense" conclusion. She gapes.

<Andrea> Andrea looks around, trying to identify things, then shrugs and gives up. "I think this might be a case of 'shoot first, ask later'."

<Suyana> "Yeah, I was, like, going to ask if we were going to have a big, dramatic fight."

<Capn_Ascii> "Fight?" The figure rubs its palms together. "Ooh, that *does* sound like fun. But maybe in a few minutes, I gotta stretch first." Indeed, he stretches out lazily, as if just waking up from a nice nap. "Bleh."

<Capn_Ascii> Having apparantly loosened up a bit, he addresses Jenny. "Nah, he's not evil. Just some poor, miserable bastard slaving away at a job he hates, under a boss he loathes, alongside co-workers he despises." The figure leans back against a nearby cubicle wall, which begins to smolder and then catch fire, the blue flames licking at the cloth walls. "Can't say I blame him for losing it."

<Selphie> "So who are you, and what do you want?" Selphie wonders how this being fits into the story at all.

<Suyana> "Who cares what the bad guy wants?!" Suyana declares, and then starts transforming in a very glittery sequence

<Andrea> Andrea snickers. "Well, that's one way to look at it, dear." Andrea follows suit and transforms, sinking into a deeper sense of concentration as her mind begins to accelerate.

<Andrea> Andrea starts to sparkle! Pretty sapphires and diamonds appear all over her clothing! Her shield appears on her left arm! Yay sparkle!

<Jenny> "Hey, Princesses," Jenny comments, somewhere between surprise and matter-of-fact. She, too, transforms and pulls out her glittery chainsaw. With sparkles.

<Capn_Ascii> Everyone stops and looks at everyone else. You're *all* Princesses!? What are the odds?

<Capn_Ascii> The flame guy's glowing eye-slits narrow. "Well. Wish I could say I was surprised, but somehow I had a feeling this was coming. A creature of darkness can't so much as stretch his legs without magical do-gooders showing up."

  • Selphie instinctively cups her hands around her mouth and whispers SuperTed's Magic Word very quietly to herself, transforming into a Powerpuff Girl or something. It's all very new and exciting!

<Capn_Ascii> Interestingly, the flame guy makes no move to attack. "Really, though, what exactly do you hope to accomplish? I haven't even hurt anyone yet."

<Andrea> "What do you call this?"

<Andrea> Andrea gestures around her at all the... burnt stuff.

  • Selphie feels the power of Michaelangelo channelling into her and her sports bag grows noticeably heavier. Unzipping it, she finds her skipping rope has transformed into Nunchaku. Woah cool! She takes them out and begins whirling them.

<Capn_Ascii> "I didn't do this. He did." He glances at the body. "Well, okay, I guess I *kind of* did, but only because I was trying to get out."

  • Jenny towers over BlueFlame with her chainsaw. "Can you convince us that you *won't* hurt anyone?" she asks intimidatingly.

<Capn_Ascii> "I could." He grins - a toothy slasher smile that's decidedly unsettling. "But I'd be lying."

<Suyana> "Yeah, remember what I said about 'bad guy'?"

<Andrea> "Glad you understand the pointlessness of lying. But it's still time to put an end to this," Andrea fingers her pistol.

  • Selphie charges through the office furniture to close with the intruder, flailing her nunchaku en-route as a warm up, then blitzes the shadowmonster right in its shadowparts. "Betcha didn't see that coming!"

<Capn_Ascii> You give the humanoid a nice *THWACK* across the face with your Whirlybash Sticks (that's what they're called, right?). As you strike, you notice that the air around him is intensely cold, so much so that it stings your skin like frostbite just being near him. "Ow! Okay, FINE!" He recovers, standing upright. "If you wanna throw down, we'll throw down!"

<Andrea> Andrea pulls out her pistol and fires at the enemy. "Down you go!"

<Capn_Ascii> Several bullets slam into the being's stomach. "Aaargh! FUCK!" For just a brief moment, the flame aura around his body flares white-hot as he adopts an aggressive posture - but just as quickly, the blue color returns, and he straightens himself upright. "...ahem. No, no, you're not going to ge tto me *that* easily." He waves his arm as fire erupts from the end like a flamethrower, sweeping the stream at all of you!

  • Jenny says, "Ouch", and then, "Don't hit my new friends that I've known for a bajillion floors worth of climbing," and slashes the creature with her chainsaw.

<Capn_Ascii> And by 'slashes', she means 'drives the blade deep into the creature's shoulder'. "AAAAARGH!" It screams horrifically as the toothed chain literally tears apart the shadowy flesh, cold fire spewing from the wound like blood.

<Suyana> As the fire sweeps around her, Suyana screams in pain. Then, with a deathly glare, she reaches out for something to clobber the cause of her pain...

<Capn_Ascii> Let's see...computer monitors? No, they're all those new-fangled LCD ones, no weight to them. Office chair? They're little more than cheap frames and mesh backing. Water cooler? No, what good could that possibly do against a fire monster?

<Capn_Ascii> Then, you see it - the perfect weapon. A device conceived of in hate, designed from the ground up to cause unreasonable suffering to all in its path. The instrument by which your burning rage will be given release...

<Capn_Ascii> ...THE PRINTER.

<Capn_Ascii> You grab the bulky, useless device and tear it from its mounting, cables ripping like tendons being pulled apart. Sparks fly from the severed wiring, and the printer bursts into flames as you hoist it over your head, snarling!

<Capn_Ascii> The flame creature looks at it, and you nervously. "...uh."

<Suyana> "...anda a moler agua!" Suyana charges at the flame creature with the incarnation of hate within her hands and smashes it over his head with all her might!

<Capn_Ascii> Time seems to slow down as Suyana strikes, the flaming piece of hardware crashing against the creature's skull. A horrible scream is heard as wires sizzle and plastic melts, the device jamming itself down over his head and lodging there. "SHHEEEAAARRRGH!" Critically wounded and clearly in pain, the flame guy stumbles backwards, away from Suyana.

<Capn_Ascii> ...and right out of the gaping blast-hole in the wall of windows nearby. "AAAAAAaaaaahhh.....!"

<Jenny> "Nice!" Jenny compliments Suyana.

<Andrea> "Nice work dear," Andrea comments, impressed. "Someone check on the other individual here, please. I'm not a medic."

<Capn_Ascii> He falls out of sight. Just as his voice grows nearly inaudible, there's a thunderous explosion! Gouts of blue flame spray from down below, the creature having apparantly detonated.

  • Jenny goes over to check on the cold guy.

<Capn_Ascii> You all watch as the flames twist upward into a tornado-like shape just outside of the hole. Then, they seem to implode into each other, the resultant ball of fire collapsing into itself before vanishing from sight.

  • Selphie watches, entranced.
  • Selphie begins wondering how such an energy source could be harnessed as a fuel source, and what a force to be reckoned with it would be!

<Suyana> "Yes, yes, I am awesome. I am also in lots of pain."

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: Almost the very instant the fireball disappears, the body suddenly gives a heaving gasp, like a half-drowned man struggling to breathe again. Amazingly, the black scorching across his body disappears. Within moments, you're looking as a perfectly healthy, middle-aged salaryman shivering on the floor. ...well, okay, not *perfectly* healthy. He could clearly stand some time at the gym, but still.

<Jenny> "You ok, sir?"

<Capn_Ascii> "Buh...?" The man blinks once, twice, then slowly sits up. "Ow...my head..." He looks like he's recovering from a bad hangover, but otherwise seems fine. "Who...who are you? What happened?" Then he sees the flames and the rubble. "...oh. Wow."

  • Selphie turns away from peering out over the lip of the bite out of the building as the blue energy vortex vanishes and returns to her natural form, trots over to her sports bag and pulls out her medkit. Plenty of people need some treatment.

<Jenny> "You made an evil bogey thing when you got mad, I guess. Maybe learn to do some meditation and drink green tea or whatever."

<Capn_Ascii> "Evil...wha...?" He seems too confused to grasp what you mean. "Can...can I go home now...?"

  • Jenny grabs his chin and turns his face so he can't help but look directly in her eyes. "Do. Not. Get. That. Angry. Again. Meditation. No Anger. Understand?"

<Selphie> "I think we should recruit him before... well... others can't have failed to notice the energy spike and might show an interest."

<Andrea> "You have a point. Nonetheless, it should be his choice."

<Capn_Ascii> "Angry...?" He blinks. "Too tired to be angry. I wanna go home now. Get some sleep. Zzz..." He dozes off right then and there.

  • Jenny shrugs. "I don't think I'm up to carrying him, and the other firefighters will get here in time. Shall we get Wounded here off to the hospital?" She points at Suyana.

<Andrea> "Any ID on him? We can check on him later, as well."

<Andrea> "And... yeah, let's get her safe."

  • Andrea checks for ID on the person in question.
  • Selphie looks in disgust at her useless First Aid kit, contemplates launching it out the gaping hole in the building, then carefully stows it back in her sports bag with her skipping rope. It didn't help her diagnose injuries. It didn't help her help anyone. Maybe it was an ex-demo unit?

<Capn_Ascii> Andrea: He's wearing a handy nametag that reads "Bill Williamson". Huh, sounds lazy. The name, not the person.

  • Andrea makes a mental note of the name

<Andrea> "Shall we make our way down?"

<Suyana> "Like, without the lift? Oh no..."

  • Jenny looks Suyana over. "You're small...I *might* be able to carry you for awhile."
  • Selphie looks out of the gaping hole in the side of the building. "If only we could rig a flying fox out of here into that park. Or if only someone could Hack control of the lifts."

<Andrea> Andrea contemplates. "I'm not sure these lifts are advanced enough to fit into hacking. Besides, they shut down during fire for a reason."

<Selphie> "That seems quite sensible. My drone isn't substantial enough to lift anyone down to the ground though."

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: You sling Suyana over your shoulder and around your neck like a mink stole. Fancy!

  • Suyana blinks. "I am not sure how to feel about this."
  • Selphie watches, impressed, and wonders what she missed out on on the trek upstairs.

<Andrea> "It's probably easier than walking yourself."

<Selphie> "Next time I'm up for climbing twenty storeys of stairs, I think I'll look forward to rigging up some kind of power armour first. An engineering project!" Selphie starts planning it all in her head already.

<Andrea> "I'm not sure whether to be impressed by the ingeunity or disappointed in the laziness."

<Selphie> "Yes... probably best not to get hopes up too much yet. It's still in the design phase. Or maybe not even there yet."

  • Jenny begins carrying the girl downstairs. "Let's go, folks! Time's awasting."
  • Andrea nods and follows Jenny

<Capn_Ascii> Jenny: You bound down the stairs almost effortlessly, despite the added weight. It's as if being helpful has given you the endurance of two women! And half of a pack mule!

  • Selphie gathers up her sportsbag, firemen's gear, smoothens out her ruffled, slick hair, and follows her new pals down the stairs.

<Andrea> "Good to get out and stop evil. It's... been a while."

<Capn_Ascii> ---END SESSION---