Geometric Archipelago:Ignorance on Circle Island/Chapter 17

From Dead Pigeons Society
Jump to: navigation, search

Note: This log is still in IRC format, and may be awkward to read as a result.

Chapter Seventeen: Cloudy With A Chance of Blades

<mainstreet> ---BEGIN GAME---

<Kanzel> "I'm not going to be the one testing this badge on that camera"

<Capn_Marcus> "I don't think it'll work anyway. If I'm not mistaken, someone's actually watching through that one - they'll know us on sight.

<Capn_Marcus> "Hmm." Marcus looks thoughtful. "How do we get past it? It's looking right at the only door we haven't checked out yet."

<Kanzel> "Peek through a wall?"

Marcus sighs. "I suppose. Although I'm starting to get tired of this recon business. Just because I'm dead doesn't mean I'm obligated to do all the work. Grumble grumble..."

Marcus (invisible again) peeks through the wall into the next room down the hall.

<mainstreet> Marcus slides through the wall, but notices some resistance as he does so. Odd.

<mainstreet> He finds a room similar to the last two triangular rooms, but somewhat more ornate. This room is also quite empty, except for all the stuff in here. I mean, wow! That's a pillow with a gemstone-embedded pillowcase!

<Capn_Marcus> "Ooh!" Marcus leans back to the others. "The room over here is loaded! ...but I think there's a barrier on it. I almost couldn't get through. I can't do much besides look, so if you two want to loot it we'll have to find a way in."

<Brellius> "Maybe I could break through the wall."

<Kanzel> "The one who owns the room probably has a key on them somewhere."

<Kanzel> "Unless you have a pickaxe in your sack, anyway"

<Capn_Marcus> "Nah, I'd advise against brute force. The room's magically protected, it's probably also alarmed."


<Capn_Marcus> "I'm going to go down the hall and see what else there is. That sensor thing shouldn't be able to see me...I think. Wait here."

Kanzel nods, sitting on the bed.

<Capn_Marcus> Being careful to avoid the warded room for now, Marcus invisibles himself again and re-enters the exterior corridor, looking for the lens.

<mainstreet> You see it more or less overhead, set in that emerald thing as before.

<Capn_Marcus> Holding his breath (as much as a guy who's not breathing can, anyway), Marcus hovers down the hall and tries peeking into the last guest room, waiting to see if his presence gets a reaction.

<mainstreet> The last guest room is anything but empty. Eralia is sitting at her desk, awfully similar to your last encounter. This time, a trio of guards have joined her and Theresa. They're standing and watching. Theresa is staring at the corridor screen. Right when you enter, she sighs. "He's in here," she says. "Everyone shut up."

<mainstreet> There was a guard outside as well, but he seems to have been completely unaware of what just happened.

Marcus just hovers there for a few moments.

<mainstreet> Marcus: You notice Eralia's making a weird motion... as though she's looking for something under her desk. You get the sense that whatever it is, it can't be good.

Marcus mutters to himself. "Uh oh. I'm off like a prom dress." He zips back out and quickly flies back out of the eye's view.

Marcus returns to the others. "Okay, I found the b*tch. She's in the farthest guest room with whats-her-name and three guards."

<Brellius> "We're gonna need a plan this time. My psychic energy is spent."

<Capn_Marcus> Hey, don't look at me, I'm dead! Although, I can still cast, I guess. What about you, Kanzel?"

<Capn_Marcus> "There's also that one last room we haven't seen yet..."

Kanzel leans back on the bed. "Going invisible and attacking is the only strategy I know. and she's seen that one."

<Capn_Marcus> "Yeah, she's good and ready for that this time."

<Capn_Marcus> "Although, I think I may have a trick or two she hasn't seen..."

<Brellius> "Do we have a way to collapse the room on them?"

<Capn_Marcus> "I doubt it. Although I do have a way to force them out."

<Capn_Marcus> "But, I think I want to check that last room first. Wait here, I'll be right back." Marcus (still invisible) leaves the room, floats the long way around the loop to get back to the room with the weapons and the ID badge press, then peeks into the room next to it.

<mainstreet> After a long, grueling float, you arrive at the indicated room.

<mainstreet> The room is dominated by the big "SCRY MIRROR", but the mirror appears broken.

<mainstreet> There are also a couple of park-style benches present.

<Capn_Marcus> "Well, this is...uninteresting."

<Capn_Marcus> Marcus quickly grows bored, and goes the long way around to return to the others.

Kanzel pulls out her Cure Light Wounds wand and points it at Brellius. "I forgot about you."

Kanzel casts it again

<Capn_Marcus> Marcus hovers in just as Kanzel makes with the healing. "Okay, guys, that was a bust. Although I have a plan of attack."

<Brellius> "Ah, thank you. What's the plan?"

Kanzel puts the wand away and lays back down

<Capn_Marcus> "Alright. I have a spell that should force them out of the room, maybe weaken some of them at the same time. You two wait in the hallway on either end of the corridor so they can't escape when they try to leave the room."

<Capn_Marcus> "We hit them with everything we have. Except Eralia. I want her *alive*." The glare in his eyes makes it clear he's not referring to helping Dusty.

<Capn_Marcus> "I've got a Grease spell that might help, too."

<Capn_Marcus> "I'll hit them with my spells, but it'll be up to you guys to not let her get past you and take whatever beating she and her goons can dish out. Are you up to that?"

<Brellius> "How many of them are there, in total?"

<Kanzel> "I guess so. the only question is where we are hiding."

Kanzel sits up "I mean, they'll probably run out as a group if they run out at all.

<Capn_Marcus> "There's five of them - Eralia, her spellcasting girlfriend, and three guards."

<Capn_Marcus> "You won't be hiding, as such. You're just going to block the hallway on either side of the door."

<Capn_Marcus> "Fight them as they come at you."

<Capn_Marcus> (SOME TIME LATER)

<Capn_Marcus> "...and that's my plan. You guys ready?"

Kanzel pulls out her Invisibility wand "I suppose." She points at herself and Brellius.

<Kanzel> "I'll take the far hallway."

<Kanzel> "Give me, I don;t know, a minute or so?"

<Brellius> "Should we do anything about that sensor?"

<Kanzel> "Guess it's not necissary. wait until Marcus does his thing before you let it see you though."

<Capn_Marcus> "Yeah. Remember, don't step into the camera's sight until after I get them running, that way they won't know you're there. Move in to hem them as soon as the door opens."

<Capn_Marcus> "And don't get too close. I have some more spells to use on them."

Kanzel nods invisibily. "Okay. Give me a minute to get over there."

Kanzel heads out of the room and down the hallway to the the other side of the camera.

<Capn_Marcus> "I'm coming with you. Take up your position, Brellius, and wait for the fun to start." He follows her.

Kanzel whispers to Marcus as she walks "Guess that would make more sense. if you did it from this side."

Brellius moves over to just behind the camera, looted sword drawn

Kanzel leans against the wall and waits.

Marcus takes a deep breath, re-enters the mirror room, and then (invisible again) floats through the wall to peek his head into Eralia's hidey hole.

<mainstreet> "Here again!" Theresa shouts instantly.

<mainstreet> Eralia aims a stick in her hand. It's not pointing in the right direction, buuuuut... you better act fast, boy.

<Capn_Marcus> Not wasting any time, Marcus executes the casting motion for his Stinking Cloud spell. Which, oddly enough, involves groaning and making faces as if one has a bad case of gass.

<mainstreet> Theresa and one of the guards start choking and gasping. "Augh! Ugh! Let's get out of here!" Eralia sighs and nods, directing everyone out, though she doesn't seem to be affected right away.

<mainstreet> Everyone starts heading out, and heading down the corridor.

Kanzel jumps out in front of them before they can go down the corridor, attacking the first person out the door

Brellius moves in and begins tripping them up

<mainstreet> Kanzel's mighty slashes neatly cut Theresa in half, as she spills out onto the corridor.

Brellius steps up to take an invisible swing at the guard closest to him

<mainstreet> The exterior guard, Four, is slashed up a bit.

Kanzel turns invisible and attacks eralia

<mainstreet> Eralia grimaces as the swords slice into her. "I hate Ninjas!"

<mainstreet> Eralia retaliates, swinging her own blades at Kanzel.

<mainstreet> Guard Four engages Brellius with his sword!

<mainstreet> However, he doesn't come close to hitting him at all.

<mainstreet> Guard Three tries his luck at slashing Brellius open.

<mainstreet> And fares no better. "GAH!"

Marcus hovers out of the door, his ghostly form ripe with the smell of impending victory. "Hah! I'm glad I don't breathe right now." He waves his hands around and launches a fist-sized flaming stone orb at Eralia that explodes on impact.

<mainstreet> Eralia is burnt a bit.

<mainstreet> "Blech," she mutters. "Where are those damn Ghostbusters? I called them hours ago."

<Capn_Marcus> "Hey, give them a break. They have to travel here all the way from the 80s."

<mainstreet> Guard 1 takes a swipe at Kanzel.

<Capn_Marcus> "Also, BLEARGH!" Marcus does ghosty stuff at Eralia just for spite.

<mainstreet> It stabs her a little bit.

<mainstreet> Guard 2 throws his blades at Brellius.

<mainstreet> Stabbity stab. Just a bit.

<mainstreet> The guards slice Brellius a bit as he passes them in an attempt to get to Eralia.

<mainstreet> Brellius slices at Eralia with a big "YAR!!!" and she starts bleeding a bit. "GAAAH!"

Kanzel turns invisible again and attacks Eralia

<mainstreet> Kanzel drops one of her blades as she strikes, but the other penetrates her in a non-deadly sort of way, and sends her into the Land of Nod.

Kanzel jumps back behind Brellius

<mainstreet> Guards 4 and 3 take hacks at Brellius!

<mainstreet> AND they both miss, characteristically.

Marcus hovers over the carnage, cackling madly. "Take THAT, bitch! Ha-ha! What? Oh, right, battle going on." He starts chanting a spell, but this one might take a while.

<mainstreet> Guards 1 and 2 swing at Brellius!

<mainstreet> *tiny* stab

Brellius puts his blade against his forehead for a moment, and then lunges towards the first guard in a blur

<mainstreet> The first guard is slashed up good, but still standing. He growls at you.

Kanzel reaches down and grabs her sword.

Kanzel points her Cure Light wounds wand at herself.

<mainstreet> Guards 3 and 4 aim at Brellius again.

<mainstreet> They miss. Again. They look at each other and sigh.

<Brellius> "Hahaha! I am untouchable!"

<Capn_Marcus> Marcus keeps waving his arms, and muttering incancations, and then *poit!* - well lookit that! A monster. A wolf, specifically.

<mainstreet> "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL!"

<Capn_Marcus> The wolf immediately lunges for its chosen target!

<mainstreet> Guard 4 takes a bite. It *HURTS*. "OW!"

<mainstreet> Next, Guards 1 and 2 swing at Brellius!

<mainstreet> AND MISS! STEEEEE-RIIIIIIIIIKE!

<mainstreet> Guard 4 takes a tumble from the Wolf as the other guards swing and miss.

<mainstreet> ---END GAME---

<Kanzel> --GAME POSTPONED FOR RAIN--

<mainstreet> XD

<Capn_Marcus> Grah!

<Capn_Marcus> I want closure! :p