Geometric Archipelago:Gangs of Octagon Island/Chapter 25

From Dead Pigeons Society
Jump to: navigation, search

Note: This log is still in IRC format, and may be awkward to read as a result.

Chapter Twenty-Five: Sneak Attack: An Insanely Broken Mechanic

<mainstreet> ---BEGIN SESSION---

Brellius raises his hands in the air as if he had minimal concern for the situation, and pulls his signature halberd out of nowhere

<mainstreet> Eralia pulls out her blades and starts making her way towards the upstart "Yolanda", aiming for the kill. Fortunately for everyone concerned, she can’t quite reach her intended target this round.

<mainstreet> Ariana's guard realizes that the two guards nearest her are going to fight against her, and so engages them directly.

Kanzel takes a step towards Eralia and attempts to filet her.

<mainstreet> Kanzel slices Eralia a good 4 times, wounding her in several key places, before landing the 5th blow... on the table, where the blade is embedded.

<mainstreet> Ariana finishes her spell, and... a Celestial Eagle emerges! She sends the Eagle flying at Theresa's face, and... she begins casting again.

<mainstreet> Various guards lock in combat with each other... one of Yolanda's guards seems to develop a cough, and chooses to back away from the fighting entirely...

<mainstreet> Theresa glares at Kanzel at blasts a charge straight at her with her circlet of blasting!

Kanzel pops out of existance as the charge heads for her.

<mainstreet> Theresa sighs and hops onto the table and starts walking on it... "Time for Omega," she mutters.

<mainstreet> Amongst a handful of guards engaging with each other, Catalina heads out and up to meet Theresa, for a battle on the tabletop!

<mainstreet> Catalina slashes at Theresa a bit, giving her a slight nick in the arm, but nothing serious.

Capn_Ascii, who is still invisible and (as far as he knows) undetected, makes use of the lack of attention. He quietly mutters a spell and casts it on himself, hoping that the general noise of the batte and large number of combatants will prevent anyone from noticing him.

<mainstreet> Ascii is correct... a few people and a bird think they might possibly hear something, but can't gain enough information to realize anything important.

<mainstreet> A single guard decides that fighting guards isn't necessary for her, and she leaps into the main fray. The other guard, however, does feel the need to engage other guards.

<mainstreet> However, the guard that wants to be useful... is a bit too far away this round.

Brellius takes a couple steps back, then swings his arms around in an exagerrated wind-up. Then he surges forward, halberd swinging and teeth gnashing!

<mainstreet> Eralia gets another big gash in her body. She curses at the percieved slave and slashes completely back at him!

Kanzel whips out another sword and takes another shot at decapitating Eralia.

<mainstreet> As Eralia takes the slashes, she gasps and grabs a hold of something on her belt... and some of her body starts to heal up... and she's somehow still alive.

<mainstreet> A scream can be heard as this happens.

<mainstreet> Everyone realizes Theresa just fell apart... a few jaws drop.

<mainstreet> Ariana brings out another eagle and sends both her existing eagles at Eralia. Then, she prepares a third.

<mainstreet> Unfortunately, the eagles aren't able to do anything more than be annoying little flying things to Eralia.

<mainstreet> Engaged guards... and Catalina decides to just wait and see... or is she concerned about something on the table? Hmmm.

<Capn_Ascii> Still trying to remain unnoticed, Ascii sneaks across the floor during the fight, while producing a small box from his pouch and clipping it to his belt for quick use later.

<mainstreet> A guard approaches the fight, and a guard continues to engage.

Kanzel pops back out of existance.

Brellius continues swinging his halberd around like a maniac.

<mainstreet> Brellius slams into Eralia, and she gets another large cut. Wow, she's taking a beating. But she grits her teeth and slashes right back at Brellius!

<mainstreet> Brellius takes a single hard slash, but it doesn't cut very deep.

mainstreet scratches the previous two lines

Kanzel tries again to slice Eralia into bite-size pieces.

<mainstreet> This time, Kanzel does, in fact, manage to slice Eralia into about 20 pieces... wow... that's one of the deadest bodies I've ever seen. That's deader than Data in Nemesis, and that was pretty damn sad. I feel sad now. Thanks, Kanzel.

<Kanzel> ((Yw.))

<mainstreet> The final sword slice of hers manages to thud into the table, embedding it once again. Damn, the Green Team is not going to be happy about messing up their table like this!

<mainstreet> Everyone stares at Kanzel... and everyone else...

<mainstreet> Well... a lot of the guards... have seem to have annhiliated each other...

<mainstreet> A few remaining guards look around at the carnage. Catalina whistles. "Wow..."

Kanzel pulls her swords out of the wood.

<mainstreet> The guard that had been coughing in the corner steps forward and smiles. She speaks with a quite familiar voice. "Well... well done... I wasn't going to miss this, of course, but... I must admit, that worked perfectly. You are to be commended," she informs Kanzel.

<Kanzel> "I was wondering if you planned on helping."

<mainstreet> "I would've taken over if something had happened to you," Yolanda admitted, dropping her disguise, revealing herself and a Hat, and gesturing for you do to the same. "I told you I didn't want to take too much risk... but it worked out. I think I forgive you for killing me, Kanzel."

Kanzel lets her duisguise melt. "And I forgive you for making us do all the heavy lifting."

<mainstreet> "In fact... well, I believe, if I'm going to take charge here..." Ariana nods a confirmation of this quickly, then Yolanda continues "my old seat on this Council is yours if you want it, and are willing to commit here to the Team. I'll understand if you don't want to, mind, but it's the least I can do, and you've earned it."

<Brellius> "Eh, heavy lifting is what I do."

Capn_Ascii invisibly elbows Kanzel before she gets any ideas.

<Kanzel> "Can I have some time to think about it?"

<mainstreet> Yolanda pauses a second, and nods. "If you're still here in... a week or so, I'll still have a slot open. I can't rebuild the Council in one go, with three slots to fill and a recent big battle... that should be ending. Though... Catalina, I believe there's a slot for you as well. I have three, after all." Catalina smiles her consent to the promotion and happily jumps herself into the seat formerly held by Theresa.

Capn_Ascii produces a burlap sack and proceeds to rake the various Eralia bits into it, while sifting through them for valuables. Like that cape of hers.

<mainstreet> Ascii: Unfortunately... you find the cape... in pieces. Just like the armor. You do, however, find a half-spent Necklace of Fireballs, her swords, a cool-looking longbow, some arrows, and other bland stuff.

<Capn_Ascii> "I'm keeping this necklace. I haven't had a good ranged spellcasting item since Trinsic 2."

Kanzel grabs the bow and inspects it.

<Brellius> "Doesn't look like there's anything good for me."

Kanzel also inspects the swords.

Kanzel tosses the weapons and the arrows in her bag.

<Kanzel> "I think I'd like to take you up on your offer, Yolanda. The thing is, I have previous arangements with the one who sent us here. I don't see any conflicts with that, I wasn't being very useful anyway. But if I'm needed..."

<mainstreet> Yolanda nods. "Well, clear things up with your current employer. I'm sure an arrangment can be made."

Kanzel nods.

<Brellius> "We have more pressing business first, remember?"

<Kanzel> "Of course."

<Capn_Ascii> "Yeah. I, for one, would like to get paid. I hope she lets up keep the body."

<Capn_Ascii> "Uncle Marcus would *love* to have it as a Christmas present."

<Capn_Ascii> "C'mon, guys - let's roll for home."

Kanzel rolls.

<mainstreet> -------SCREEEEEEE---FAST FORWARD---SCREEEEEEEEE-----------

<mainstreet> You find yourselves in the antechamber to the throne room of Moondale Castle, right where you started.

<Kanzel> "Woah. Deja Vu"

<Capn_Ascii> "Yeah, all over again."

Capn_Ascii approaches the door, and opens it.

<Brellius> "I've had worse deja vu."

Capn_Ascii heads through, prepared to speak with Her Royal Highness.

<mainstreet> "Yes? What is it?" the Princess demands coldly, looking down at you.

Capn_Ascii triumphantly holds up the soggy, blood-soaked burlap sack. "We got her."

<Brellius> "Most of her, at least."

<Capn_Ascii> "Hey, I got it all. I think."

<mainstreet> The Princess actually gets a hint of a smile on her face. She grabs something buried in her chair... a small black box... and tosses it at Ascii. "I'm afraid there's only one... but I'm sure you three can figure a way to properly use it, together. One of the most valuable things in the city. I hope you respect how much this cost me."

<Capn_Ascii> "Hmm?" Ascii looks in the box...

<mainstreet> Ascii opens it, revealing... a black circular amulet... you look closer... wow, looks like you've got... an Amulet of the Planes.

<Kanzel> "Pretty..."

<Capn_Ascii> "This is...not the reward I was expecting."

<Brellius> "It might come in handy."

<Capn_Ascii> "For what? I'm not planning to vacation in Carceri or anything."

<mainstreet> ---END CAMPAIGN--- DUN DUN DUN!