Geometric Archipelago:Gangs of Octagon Island/Chapter 22

From Dead Pigeons Society
Jump to: navigation, search

Note: This log is still in IRC format, and may be awkward to read as a result.

Chapter Twenty-Two: An Unholy Eviction

<mainstreet> ---BEGIN SESSION---

Capn_Ascii turns to talk to his co-conspirators. "I say we each chip in 600 gold to raise the rent. It'll help screw Verpad over if he comes in to pay the rent and finds that it's been jacked up without warning at the last minute. Heh heh."

Capn_Ascii turns to talk to his co-conspirators. "I say we each chip in some gold to raise the rent. It'll help screw Verpad over if he comes in to pay the rent and finds that it's been jacked up without warning at the last minute. Heh heh."

<Kanzel> "Meh."

<Kanzel> "Fine."

<Capn_Ascii> "Look, we'll get paid back when this is all over. We'll file an expense report with Her Majesty."

Capn_Ascii collects exactly 533 gold from both Kanzel and Brellius, then pays off the balance.

<mainstreet> Brian takes the money, counts it quickly, and nods. "Very well. Good luck with the rest of your quest."

<Capn_Ascii> "Yes...good luck indeed..." Ascii steeples his fingers, grinning evilly.

<mainstreet> ---SCREEEEEEEEEEE--- FAST FORWARD FAST FORWARD ---SCREEEEEEEEEEE---

<mainstreet> Ascii, Brellius, and Kanzel awaken in Ascii's room after a hard evening of partying, and a restful night of sleep.

Brellius yawns. "Man, time flies when you're having fun."

Capn_Ascii yawns, and scratches himself. He briefly wonders where the hooker is before remembering it wasn't that sort of party.

Capn_Ascii quickly takes care of his morning routine and armors up. "C'mon, guys, I want to be there to see the look on Verpad's face."

<Brellius> "Oh, yeah, we don't want to miss that!" Brellius retrieves his stuff and gets himself looking at least half presentable

Kanzel gets up, groaning.

Capn_Ascii gnaws on a breakfast bagel as he heads on over to the office.

Kanzel follows slowly, chewing on a waffle.

<Capn_Ascii> "Hey, where did you get that? I thought I was out of waffles."

Kanzel mutters, mouth full, "Back of your freezer."

Brellius tags along, feasting on a muffin

<mainstreet> You all arrive in the Records Office. It appears to be deserted. That's odd.

<Capn_Ascii> "Uh oh. Where is everyone?"

<mainstreet> Oh wait, it seems Brian's just running late. There he is. He looks at Ascii as he walks in. "Uh... can I help you?"

<BLusk> < I would, but I'm late for a hair appointment... >

<Capn_Ascii> "Oh. Yeah, we were wondering if Verpad or his cronies had come by here yet."

<mainstreet> "No... and I don't recommend you be here when they come. They won't be happy. I'll have the shield to protect me, but... especially if you're here, I doubt it'll take them long to figure out who... I mean... who doesn't know nothin'... if you get my drift."

<Capn_Ascii> "What shield?"

<mainstreet> "Remember the one you bounced off of when you first came in here? That shield."

<Capn_Ascii> "...oh yeah." Ascii rubs his nose, remembering the sting. "Alright, we'll try to find some other place to be when they arrive."

<mainstreet> Brian pointedly walks past his desk, a green glow briefly emanating around him as he passes the shield. "Yeah, or at least make sure you're not seen."

<Capn_Ascii> "That works." Ascii goes to crouch in the corner farthest from the door. "Hit me, Kan."

<mainstreet> Kanzel: A few minutes after everyone settles into their corners... you hear footsteps.

Kanzel invises everyone.

<mainstreet> Just as Kanzel completes the 3rd invisibility spell, Verpad storms into the records office. "200 gold, as promised," he informs Brian, throwing a stack of paper onto the table.

<mainstreet> Brian looks at Verpad for a long second, then... "Where's the rest of it?"

<mainstreet> "Rest? What you do mean, rest?"

<mainstreet> "As in, the other 800 gold you owe. You see, when a check bounces your rent increases by a factor of five."

<mainstreet> "That's unacceptable," Verpad snaps at Brian. "You will allow us to continue our worship."

<mainstreet> "No, I don't think I will... not in this Temple, at least, unless I get that 800 gold. You will either pay it now, or you will have the spaces cleared for cleaning and reassignment in 1 hour."

<mainstreet> Verpad glares and raises his fist, as though he's thinking about casting a spell... but thinks better of it. "You have made an enemy today, Brian Rose," he declares coldly as he walks out, clearly pissed.

<mainstreet> Brian sighs. "That could have gone better... ah well, at least he's gone. I can't say I ever liked dealing with him in the first place."

Capn_Ascii reappears, grinning. "Best show ever. Wish I TIVOed it."

<mainstreet> "He didn't even take his 200 gold back!" Brian notices suddenly, grinning. "Oh, I'm totally pocketing that. What sis doesn't know won't hurt her."

<Capn_Ascii> "Heh heh. Speaking of which...I guess now we should go see Yolanda."

Capn_Ascii waits for the others to cooberate his plans. When they fail to do so, he just sighs and leads the way.

<mainstreet> After a few hours of hard walking across the city, they find themselves on a familiar street, and in front of a familiar house.

Capn_Ascii stops, gasping for breath. "You'd think...with a city...this big...someone...would invent...public...transportation!"

Capn_Ascii staggers up and knocks on the door, looking at the house as he does to gauge Yolanda's approximate wealth.

<mainstreet> Yolanda looks to be very wealthy indeed, though not obscenely so... there's no obvious "flashiness" that would indicate it... but there are telltale signs of protective enchantments all over this dwelling... no way those were cheap.

<mainstreet> After a few seconds, the door cracks open. A girl of about 13 looks out at you. "Uh... we're not interested in buying anything at this time, sorry, nor do we have any desire to take up a faith," she comments, though she is apparently going to give you a chance to respond before shutting the door in your face.

Capn_Ascii blinks. "Huh? Who're you?" He shakes his head. "Never mind. We're here to see Lady Yolanda. Tell her The Three Stooges have saved the orphanage."

<mainstreet> The girl blinks and turns around, calling out back into the house. "Uh... Mom? Something about stooges saving an orphanage... you know anything about that?"

<mainstreet> "No, but... I do recognize that voice," a more familar voice replies back. Half a minute later, Yolanda appears at the front door, hovering over her daughter and looking at the rest of you. "So Hextor is gone from the Temple?"

<Capn_Ascii> "If Brian is to be believed, they've been evicted by now."

<mainstreet> Yolanda nods and smiles. "Then you are most welcome indeed here," she nods, opening the door further to admit you all entry.

Capn_Ascii walks in, stopping to wipe his feet on the mat. May as well be on his best behavior.

Brellius begrudgingly wipes his feet and steps inside

Kanzel does the same.

<mainstreet> Yolanda's house seems to be like a normal person's home... assuming, of course, that a normal person is someone obsessed with the color green. Green of all shades, scattered through the various rooms of the house, the living room which you're in now a forest green... the kitchen you can see a lime green... the hallway a florescent green... she's certainly devoted to her color. "Welcome to my

<mainstreet> home," Yolanda announces softly. "Make yourselves comfortable while I make a few calls to set up the next phase of our plan," she requests, indicating the various chairs and lounges in the living room.

<Capn_Ascii> "Alright." Ascii gingerly takes a seat in a large, comfy-looking recliner.

Kanzel sits in a various chair.

Brellius remains standing

<mainstreet> After a few minutes, Yolanda returns. "Alright, I've contacted Madeline. She's going to arrange for a major offensive. This will serve as a distraction, and lessening their guard in the headquarters itself. That will allow you to, hopefully, enter with your disguise undectected, and eliminate Eralia."

<mainstreet> "The difficult part is going to be the one of you who pretends to be me. You have to act like me until the time to attack comes, or they will be suspicious."

Capn_Ascii looks at Kanzel. "You're the resident disguise expert. Think you can fake it?"

<Kanzel> "I hope so."

<Capn_Ascii> "Well, how about you give it a try? Get your disguise going and take some Yolanda lessons from the expert." He winks at Yolanda.

<mainstreet> "The other two of you should either be invisible, or find a way to disguise yourselves as members of my guard. That will, of course, prove difficult for you two."

Kanzel glances at Ascii's armor. "I think invisibility would be harder than a disguise would be."

<mainstreet> "The attack will begin in 3 hours. Ideally, you should begin your entry at exactly the moment of the attack."

<Capn_Ascii> "Why's that?" He blinks. "...oh, right. Ladies only."

<Capn_Ascii> "Well, I can always take my armor off, but I'm still not exactly skilled at moving silently."

<mainstreet> "Kanzel, if you are willing, come with me, and I will teach you what I can... about me."

<mainstreet> Yolanda points down the hall.

Kanzel nods, standing

<mainstreet> Kanzel and Yolanda disappear into the rear of the house. Ascii and Brellius can hear murmured voices as the ladies talk.

<mainstreet> After about an hour, Kanzel and Yolanda return. "Well, that wasn't too bad," Yolanda comments. "The lady here is a quick study."

<Kanzel> "Thank you."

<Capn_Ascii> "Well? Let's see it. Give us a trial performance."

<mainstreet> Yolanda quickly draws the curtains closed to prevent anyone from seeing two Yolandas, should Kanzel decide to try this.

Kanzel tries to magically disguise herself as Yolanda.

<Kanzel> "I was thinking about a mundane disguise too."

<mainstreet> Kanzel: Why bother? That's... pretty darn good. Yolanda's daughter blinks, and... "Wow. If I didn't see the change... I might mistake you."

<Capn_Ascii> "Question is, can you act like her?"

<mainstreet> Kanzel: You give a brief performance/demonstration of Yolanda's mannerisms. Yolanda frowns. "I'm not convinced, but I don't think Eralia notices me closely enough... You should do."

Kanzel nods.

<Capn_Ascii> "Now, what about us?"

<Kanzel> "Didn't you get green uniforms from someplace?"

<mainstreet> "I'll be right back..." Yolanda comments, wandering back down the hall.

<mainstreet> A minute later, she walks back in, a large hulk of a man trailing behind her. They sit down on one of the couches, her fingers running down his front. "This is Gerald, my pet. I suppose one of you could attempt to disguise yourselves as him as well. Don't worry, no one's going to talk to you. Anyone that tries to communicate with him without clearing it with me first usually gets punished by

<mainstreet> me and my guards. You can talk to him if you want to get a sense of who he is, but I simply recommend that Kanzel forbid anyone else from talking to you."

<Capn_Ascii> "Uh." Ascii eyes Gerald warily, taking note of what (if anything) he's dressed in. "Well, that's one, but what about the other?"

<mainstreet> Ascii: He's dressed in a simple green tunic, with a belt that has a small dagger on it.

<mainstreet> "As for the other... either invisibility, or you can ask the Squadron Leader when she gets here if she's willing to pretend you're her slave. But she may forget herself, and your actual place, if in a stressful position."

<Capn_Ascii> "You have another squad leader?"

<mainstreet> "Well... I had to make a recent... promotion, due to my previous leader having abandoned the squad. I will deal with her when the crisis is past. If I have time, and remember."

<Capn_Ascii> "Yeah...about that..." Ascii rubs the back of his head sheepishly. "We...kinda sorta beat her up after Kaznel stabbed you and then interrogated her and then she ran off because she thought you would kill her."

<mainstreet> "Yes, well, she's right. I am going to kill her. I can't have a squadron leader that lets me die."

<Capn_Ascii> "Oh come on, it's not her fault. Kanzel was on you before she even knew what was happening. And in her defense, she put up a good fight."

<mainstreet> Yolanda shrugs. "If I see her, I will kill her. However, I will not waste resources hunting her down. She will know this, and stay out of Moondale, and it will be fine."

Kanzel coughs. "Yeah.. Not like I gave her much choice in the matter...." she turns to Yolanda "I am sorry about killing you, by the way."

<mainstreet> "Of course you are. If you weren't you wouldn't have revived me," Yolanda replies sensibly.

<Capn_Ascii> "Anywho. I'd rather not bring anyone else into this little conspiracy if I can help it."

<Capn_Ascii> "Is there any way to easily get, say, a man wearing full plate mail in without raising suspicion?"

<mainstreet> "You won't be able to make it without my squadron, if that's what you mean. Great Mistresses do not simply walk around headquarters unescorted any more than a Lady would be unescorted throughout the public areas of her castle."

<mainstreet> "Unless you want to try disguising yourself as a woman... I recommend you just be invisible, and have the squadron make a lot of constant noise to make yours insignificant, if you must have your armor."

<Brellius> "I still have an Elixir of Sneaking. The noise shouldn't be a problem."

Capn_Ascii sighs. "It'll have to do."

Capn_Ascii stands up. "Alright, let's get preperations underway. Is there anything anyone needs to do before zero hour?"

<Kanzel> "Not that I can think of."

Brellius takes a moment to focus on his inner psychic mumbo-jumbo. "Nothing that would take any significant amount of time."

<Capn_Ascii> "Oh. Well...uh. I guess we have some time to kill."

Kanzel tosses her disguise kit at Bre

<Brellius> "Yeah, I may as well get started on my disguise..."

Kanzel disguises Brellius up, with Capn helping. "There. How does it look?"

<mainstreet> It looks awful.

<mainstreet> Gerald laughs at the awful likeness. Yolanda facepalms.

<Brellius> "Sounds like it's not very convincing..."

Kanzel starts removing the disguise. "Fine. Just say it. It looks like a child's art project. Cheap Halloween mask. Fine. Not like my feelings will be hurt or anything... Now hold still."

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii tries not to throw up. "No. No, it's not."

Kanzel scraps her next try before she's even done. Her third try though, she finishes "There. How's -that-?"

<mainstreet> Yolanda and Gerald look at each other... "Could work," she comments. "It's not like it needs to be that perfect for him."

<mainstreet> "Yeah, it should be fine, for this." Gerald notes. Yolanda gives him a little quick punch in the arm. He grunts and stops talking.

<mainstreet> After an hour or so, someone knocks on the front door. Yolanda's daughter goes up to answer the door... Yolanda and Gerald begin to walk out. "You two are us now. Act like it, and don't blow it," Yolanda commands, as she retreats to the back. "I advise you do not reveal yourselves, even to the squadron, unless absolutely necessary, as only the Leader is in on this plan."

Kanzel nods

<Capn_Ascii> "Got it. I guess I should go invis now?"

Kanzel hands Ascii her invisibility wand "Do not waste this or I will kill you myself. Also, when the fighting starts, I will want you to cast this on me."

Capn_Ascii takes the Invis-O-Wand and the elixer.

<Capn_Ascii> "Just say the word."

<Capn_Ascii> "Like so." He taps himself with the wand. "Word." *poit*

<mainstreet> The door opens, and half a dozen woman are at the threshold, fully dressed in Green Team armor. "Squadron Leader Catalina Martinez, reporting for action, Great Mistress," the leader informs Kanzel, bowing low and kissing the floor in front of Kanzel's feet.

Kanzel nods. "Let's get going. Come, Gerald."

Capn_Ascii quietly drinks his elixer before he forgets it.

<mainstreet> ---END SESSION---