Geometric Archipelago:Gangs of Octagon Island/Chapter 11

From Dead Pigeons Society
Jump to: navigation, search

Note: This log is still in IRC format, and may be awkward to read as a result.

Chapter Eleven: Twenty Questions, Minus Fourteen

<mainstreet> ---BEGIN SESSION---

<mainstreet> Emily shrugs. "I don't know. Kitchen's over that way, past the staging area on your left, though," she informs Ascii.

<CapnAscii> "That's all I need to know. C'mon, guys, let's get some grub."

<Brellius> "Sounds good to me!"

Kanzel shrugs.

<mainstreet> Emily points down the way, apparently expecting you to start walking that way.

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii walks his own way, rather than her way. His way involves more of a saunter.

Brellius walks normally

Kanzel follows

<mainstreet> "Anyone staying is going to have to be locked in," Emily announced, looking at Jarn.

Jarn follows as well

<mainstreet> Emily tails the rest of you, and you make a turn through the MASSIVE Staging Area, and make it into The Kitchen.

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii eyes the staging area as they pass through.

<mainstreet> The kitchen looks like a simple cafeteria. A couple of dudes are hanging out behind the counter, where various displays of food are located. Another dude is cooking... something... in the back. It smells delicious.

<mainstreet> Ascii: You see several long benches and quite a few cabinets or cabinet-like objects lined around the walls, including a pair of wagons at the far end. Of note is a suspiciously blank spot in the corner immediately next to you as you leave the area to go towards the kitchen. Also suspicious is the fact that only one person is present actually inside the area, a uniformed dude seemingly snoozing (or at least lyingdown) on one of the benches. There is also, however, a single guard in each corner of the room.

<Kanzel> "Security seems pretty lax given there's talk of a green attack..."

<mainstreet> Emily rolls her eyes. "Yes, because they're going to be stupid and attack the top staging area," she responds sarcastically. "Unless they suddenly learned to fly, it's not going to happen that way."

<mainstreet> "We are, after all, on the fourth floor."

<Capn_Ascii> "We are?"

<Capn_Ascii> "Wow, I thought this place was huge, but geez."

<mainstreet> "Yes, we are. It's the top floor of this mansion."

<Kanzel> "Oh. Well, still.."

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii is promptly distracted from the tour by the smell of food. He floats up off the ground and wafts over to the counter, where he addresses the cooks. "Maaaan, what smells so good back there?"

<mainstreet> "We got hamburger cooking in the back, because we're down to our last three up here," one of the cooks points out. Sure enough, three hamburger patties are left in the indicated tray.

Kanzel grabs something to eat and eats it.

<mainstreet> The cook looks inquiringly at the rest of you.

<Capn_Ascii> "MINE!" Ascii snatches up a burger and looks for buns and condiments.

<mainstreet> Ascii: The buns are the tray immediately to the right. Condiments on the far right of the counter. Also a few different veggies are in trays in between.

<Brellius> "That leaves only one..." Brellius makes a dive for the last burger

<mainstreet> Jarn: Guess you're stuck with a hot dog. Or, you can wait for the new batch of burgers.

Jarn sighs, "I'll go with that"

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii ignores the veggies, loads up his patty with artery-clogging cheese and mayonaise, slaps it in a bun, and sits down to eat. Om nom nom.

Brellius grabs a bun and puts everything he can get away with on his burger and chows down

Jarn places a hot dog in a hot dog bun and casually eats it

<mainstreet> You all nom down on the food, occasionally grabbing a gulp of water from the small fountain on the far side.

<mainstreet> After a few minutes... you're all well stocked up on LUNCH.

<mainstreet> Everyone seems well satisfied... except for Jarn, who promptly throws up onto the bench.

<mainstreet> Emily laughs at him.

<Capn_Ascii> "Ugh! Geez, man, what's the matter with you?"

<Capn_Ascii> He calls out to the chef. "What the hell's in those hot dogs, anyway?"

<mainstreet> "I'm not cleaning that up," Emily informs Jarn sweetly. She points at the corner of the room, where a mop and empty bucket are present. "You can dump it down the drain once you've cleaned."

<mainstreet> The chef growls back. "It's a hot dog, what do YOU think's in it?"

<mainstreet> Emily sighs. "Better idea. YOU stay here," she says, glaring at Jarn. "The rest of you can feel free to move around. Chef, escort this man to room 12... AFTER he cleans up."

<mainstreet> "Yes ma'am," one of the dudes at the counters replies, grumbling afterwards.

Jarn sighs and nods, finding a mop and cleaning up, "Ugh, this is why I don't eat meat."

<Capn_Ascii> "Ugh. I think I just lost my appetite." Ascii stares at the mess in disgust, then shrugs and finishes the remaining half of his hamburger in one bite. "No, wait, I'm good."

<Capn_Ascii> "We'll catch up to you later, Jarn. C'mon guys, let's roll." He leads the way back to the staging area, interested in seeing how the Red military machine functions.

<mainstreet> Ascii: You return to the staging area to find it much as you left it.

<Capn_Ascii> "Mind if we poke around in here?"

<mainstreet> "You can, but any attempt to remove or damage equipment will be dealt with most severely."

<Capn_Ascii> "Oh. I thought maybe I'd hunt for a souvenier, but never mind. What's that?" He points at the suspiciously blank spot in the near corner.

<mainstreet> "What do you mean, what's that?"

<Capn_Ascii> "That. That blank spot right there." He points. "Like something's supposed to be there, but it's not."

<mainstreet> "Oh, if we were about to do something, something would be there." Emily reflects. "Actually... someone. That spot is reserved for the placement of Madame's oversight throne-slash-platform-thing that she uses when she comes here. Which isn't often."

<Brellius> "You have to haul it there and back every time?"

<Capn_Ascii> "Oh, that thing where you get the servants to carry it around?"

<Capn_Ascii> "I want one of those when I retire."

<mainstreet> Emily smiles, as if she knows something more. "I don't think I need to discuss the details of such a device to non-members."

<Kanzel> "Oh come on, we're practically members. I mean, have you -seen- my hair?"

<mainstreet> "No oath, no membership."

<Kanzel> "Fine then, I see how it is."

<Capn_Ascii> "It's a gang thing, Kanzel. Don't take it personally."

<Kanzel> "Oh, I don't. My hair does though."

<mainstreet> -----SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE---- FAST FORWARD ------------SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE--------

<Capn_Ascii> ("Aaaaaah!")

<mainstreet> The three of you slowly wake up in the middle of Room 12, having made it to the next morning without further incident.

<mainstreet> Jarn is still nowhere to be found. Apparently he's still cleaning.

<Capn_Ascii> "Is Jarn *still* gone? It doesn't take all damn night to clean up puke stains. I know this prom experience."

<Kanzel> "Maybe he puked again while cleaning it up. I've seen it. He's probably out of fluids by now."

Kanzel looks around. "Emily?"

Kanzel, not seeing her, goes over and tries the door.

Brellius gets out of bed and rubs his eyes. "Man, we should've slept in."

<mainstreet> The door opens. Another guard, very similar in appearance to Emily, but... not exactly, so not her, is standing immediately outside. "Good, you're up," she says. "Madame wanted you to begin as soon as possible."

Kanzel looks over her shoulder "We're on it. Is there a specific place Madame wanted this to happen?"

<Capn_Ascii> "And where's our other friend got off to?"

<mainstreet> The guard nods. "Her office. No reason for anyone else to handle this. And what friend?"

<Capn_Ascii> "Jarn. He barfed in the cafeteria last night and they made him stay to clean it up. We haven't seen him since."

<mainstreet> "Oh, him... I heard that the chef decided to make him clean the whole floor, and then decided to put him in Room 8, since you all were already asleep. We'll bring him to you when he wakes up."

<Capn_Ascii> "Ah. Any chance you can go wake him up now? I wouldn't mind having him present for the spellcasting stuff."

<mainstreet> "No. My assignment is you. Maybe once you're in Madame's office, you can ask her to dispatch someone to that task."

<Capn_Ascii> "Fine. Lead the way."

<mainstreet> The guard nods and starts to move. "Grab the Mistress."

<Capn-Ascii> "Hookay." Ascii hefts the body up over his shoulder and follows.

<Kanzel> "Not much for subltey today...?"

<Brellius> "I don't think he's ever much for subtlety."

<mainstreet> The guard leads you all to the big door. She walks up to one of the door guards and mutters something. The door guard nods, and the escort opens the door and ushers you all inside.

Kanzel is ushered

<mainstreet> Madeline is sitting in her seat, just as before... well, nearly. You do notice that the two men sitting with her today are different than yesterday, but they are still as... well-built.

<mainstreet> Madeline smiles. "Set the lady down in one of the chairs, if you please, and let us begin."

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii strikes the best salute he can with the weight he's carrying. "Yes, ma'am." He gently lays the body in a chair in a seated positon.

<mainstreet> The doors close behind you.

<Capn_Ascii> "Alright. I've prepared both Speak With Dead and Raise Dead. I'm going to try the former first; we may be able to get her to cough up the passcodes, although I'm doubtful."

<mainstreet> Madeline nods. "Do it."

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii claps his hands together, waves them around, and mutters something.

<Capn_Ascii> He then stops psyching himself up and actually casts the spell. *poof!*

<mainstreet> The corpse groans.

<Brellius> "Urgh, this is creepy..."

<mainstreet> "Questions Asked: Zero of Six," the corpse announces.

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii leans over and whispers to Madeline. "Okay, it would help to know specifically what to ask for. Exactly which passcodes are we hoping to get from her?"

<mainstreet> Madeline hisses at Ascii. "Entrance to Green Command Mansion, Entrance to Mistress Council Hall, and possibly Entrance to Leadership Audience Chamber, not sure about that one however."

<Capn_Ascii> "What do you mean, not sure? Not sure what to ask or not sure if she knows it?"

<mainstreet> "I'm not sure if that code will be distinct from the council hall, I don't hold them in the same place, but Eralia might. So it *may* be a wasted question."

<Capn_Ascii> "No problem. We've got a couple to spare." He leans back and addresses D. Boddy. "What is the passcode to gain entrance to the Green command mansion?"

<mainstreet> Madeline slaps her forehead as the corpse answers. "There isn't a 'the' passcode. Each code is unique to its user. At least for such exalted personages as myself."

<mainstreet> "I could have told you that..." Madeline grumbles. "We're not idiots, to leave a single passcode lying around..."

<mainstreet> "Questions Asked: One of Six."

<Capn_Ascii> "Well, maybe you *should* have told me that before I asked. Anything else you want to share before I try again?"

<Brellius> "Careful what you say!"

<mainstreet> "All the passcodes will be like that, but I would've thought that obvious. So I'd use the word 'your' instead of 'the'."

<Capn_Ascii> "I'm talking to Madeline, not the corpse. The spell's not stupid."

<Capn_Ascii> "Okay, Take 2. Yolanda, what is *your* passcode to gain entrance to the Green command mansion?"

<mainstreet> "47-Zeta-3"

<Capn_Ascii> He leans back to Madeline. "Does that sound about right to you?"

<mainstreet> Madeline nods. "I wouldn't expect the code to be long, the guards do have to remember them."

Kanzel mutters "Should have captured a guard then.."

<mainstreet> Madeline shakes her head at Kanzel. "I have 6 door guard positions here at my mansion. They each know one-sixth of the codes."

<Capn_Ascii> "Alright. Yolanda, what is your passcode to gain entrance to the Green Mistress Council Hall?"

Kanzel sighs "Specific enterences. wonderful. Now we need to ask where her's is."

<mainstreet> "No, one entrance, but heavily guarded," Madeline replied.

<mainstreet> s*

<mainstreet> "Alpha-6-Camel"

<mainstreet> "Questions Asked: Three of Six."

<Capn_Ascii> "Good so far. Yolanda, what is your passcode to gain entrance to the Green Leadership Audience Chamber?"

<mainstreet> "Camel-6-Alpha. Questions Asked: Four of Six."

<Capn_Ascii> "Huh. Madeline, is that right? It's the same code, only backwards."

<Kanzel> "Easier to remember..."

<mainstreet> "That's an interesting trick. I don't see why it wouldn't be right, though I don't do it that way."

<Capn_Ascii> "Well, as far as I know, she can't lie like this, so I guess it'll have to do for now. Two questions left...what do I ask?"

Kanzel pulls out the key "Ask her where this goes."

<mainstreet> "Time half-expired."

<Capn_Ascii> "Hmm...where *exactly* is the lock that this key unlocks?"

<mainstreet> "Front door. My house."

<mainstreet> "Questions asked: Five of Six."

<Capn_Ascii> "Madeline, is getting into her home going to be of any use?"

<mainstreet> Madeline raises an eyebrow, intrigued... "Possibly... given her status, she may have a portal to the command mansion inside, which would bypass the need for that external passcode... not sure you'll be able to activate it, though... and she's certain to be very rich... might also have tactical data available in her house... of course, I heard she had a... pet... though," she continues, winking at Kanzel, "so you'd have to deal with him, but he could also be useful."

Kanzel blinks.

<Capn_Ascii> "Pet?"

<Brellius> "I'm guessing it's not a housecat."

<mainstreet> Madeline smirks at you, pointedly stroking the men on either side of her. "I have *five*."

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii rolls his eyes. "Sheesh. A bodyguard, then. Can we take him?"

<mainstreet> "How would I know?"

<mainstreet> "It's not like I've met him or anything."

<Brellius> "It shouldn't be a problem for me."

<Capn_Ascii> "Well, no matter, we have the key at any rate. Last question...what'll it be?"

<mainstreet> "One minute remaining."

<Capn_Ascii> Ascii ponders...then snaps his fingers. "Hmm. Okay, I've got it. Yolanda, based on what you know of your own personality, beliefs, and standing in the Green ranks before you died, and your opinion of Eralia and what she's doing with the Greens...if you were to be magically ressurected, would you voluntarily assist an attempt to dethrone and/or terminate Eralia?"

<mainstreet> Madeline raises her eyebrow at that one.

<mainstreet> "Death is to be avoided for the Team as a whole, but personal assistance could potentially alleviate that. It would, however, require caution and assurances, including the protection and ascension of this one."

<Capn_Ascii> "Translation: She would, but only if it means Green survives and Yolanda herself is both protected and gains from the deal."

<mainstreet> "Questions asked: Six of Six. Conversation Terminated."

<Capn_Ascii> "Thank you for using Verizon."

<mainstreet> Madeline whistles. "That could prove... interesting. I'm not sure I want Yolanda in charge, admittedly, she's *very* good, but... much preferable to Eralia."

<mainstreet> ---END SESSION---